Internship vacancy | Organisation: FIBER | Function: Production Internship | Location: Amsterdam | Size: Average of 24 hours per week | Closing date: Tuesday July 27
FIBER is looking for as of 1 September:
Based on the current COVID-19 situation it remains unclear how the pandemic will develop. At the moment the outlook is a bit more positive. This is why we are cautiously putting a series of great cultural projects on the agenda. For example, during your internship period we will work towards a compact festival edition in the autumn of 2021. As long as measures allow, we work in Amsterdam Noord. FIBER is therefore looking for an enthusiastic production intern.
- You will be assisting with the preparation and execution of the FIBER Festival 2021 and Reassemble Lab with (pre)production tasks. Possible tasks are management of workflows, communication with locations and artist/guest handling, creating and sending out itinerary sheets and supporting us with the communication with the participants.
- Assisting with the production/technical design of the festival environment
- Working on both the physical and online production of the festival. Some parts of the festival are organized in a hybrid form.
- Checking and processing technical riders
- Assisting with artists contract handling
- Supporting and coordinating travel and accommodation (if COVID-19 allows this)
- You will be assisting the production execution. Possible tasks are: hands-on workshop production; hands-on setting-up festival; running errands; stage handling. Both off- and online.
- You will be assisting the festival in the post-production. Possible tasks are: dismantling of the festival and transportation.
We are looking for someone who
- Is interested in managing and organizing information, schedules and works with precision.
- Has some production or technical experience. This can also be gained within a school or university context, while organizing an event, publication or something similar.
- Has an interest in the organization of (cultural) events, possibility in the fields of new media, digital culture, digital arts and audiovisual performances.
- Is willing to take on any event related task from planning and organizing to running errands.
- Has knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or Google Docs, especially Excel/Google Sheets
- Has some knowledge about, or interest in learning about, audio and visual-display technology
- Is proficient in English (spoken and written)
Diversity & Inclusion
FIBER wants to give the most diverse group of young people a chance to make professional steps within the cultural and creative industries. Therefore, we actively seek and welcome applicants with ethnic or culturally diverse backgrounds, genders or people with unconventional career paths. If this position appeals to you, but the experience or knowledge requested above does not quite fit, please contact us to discuss. We would like to see if there is a match after all. We work on a diverse composition of team and activities. In case of equal suitability, we will give preference to someone who increases the number of perspectives within our organisation.
What we offer
- We offer you a work experience in a young cultural organization with a national and international network.
- The opportunity to actively participate in the production of a festival and other smaller events at the intersection of art, music, ecology and technology. You are free to contribute ideas and take internal, external processes and events to the next level.
- We offer an internship fee of € 180,- per month based on 24 hours + travel expenses reimbursed up till a certain amount.
- The internship ends on February 1st (2022).
Please send your motivation and CV stating ‘Internship Production FIBER Festival’ to email@example.com If you have worked on interesting/relevant (study) projects, please include them in your mail! We are looking forward to hearing from you.